Message from the Minister and
I am pleased to present the Office of the Premier Annual Service Plan Report, for the 2005/06 fiscal year. This plan is presented in accordance with Section 13 of the Budget Transparency and Accountability Act.
The Office of the Premier leads government in achieving the goals and objectives of the government. The Office of the Premier is committed to responsible fiscal management, transparency and accountability. This Annual Service Plan Report is an evidence based vehicle for communicating performance to the public.
To achieve the vision of a prosperous and just province, where citizens achieve their potential and have confidence in the
future, government has set Five Great Goals. These are to:
- Make British Columbia the best-educated, most literate jurisdiction on the continent.
- Lead the way in North America in healthy living and physical fitness.
- Build the best system of support in Canada for persons with disabilities, those with special needs, children at risk, and seniors.
- Lead the world in sustainable environmental management, with the best air and water quality, and the best fisheries management, bar none.
- Create more jobs per capita than anywhere else in Canada.
To successfully achieve each goal a coordinated approach across government and a significant effort from all British Columbians is required. Working collaboratively with First Nations will be key to our success.
The 2005/06 Office of the Premier Annual Service Plan Report compares actual results achieved with the expected results identified in the Office of the Premier's 2005/06 – 2007/08 Service Plan Update. I am accountable for the results reported.
Honourable Gordon Campbell
June 30, 2006